Give me four ingredients and I make you scones. Simple but efficient. A very nice little recipe that will delight your guests during your cocktail or yourself at a party or in watching TV with a small salad.
- 450g flour
- 350 ml milk
- A half teaspoon baking powder
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 150g of Cheddar
- 85g Chorizo
- Put the lemon juice in milk.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut the chorizo into pieces and grate the cheese (or cut it into pieces according to your preferences) and then add them into the flour.
- Make an hole in the flour and add half of milk. Start mixing with your fingers making circles.
- Add the remaining milk little by little until it makes a soft but not sticky dough. If it is too sticky, add a little flour.
- Put a little flour on the work surface and form a ball with the dough. Then form a "sausage" and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, remove from the oven when they are golden.
I'm impatient, so I hurried to tried those at the exits of the oven. I then let them cool. Well, I think they are much better cold. So be a little patient.