Bakewell Tart. A bit like the tarte tatin in France, a mistake. But sometimes, error are giving very pretty things. Almonds and jam. Yum
- A shortbread dough (recipe here)
- 125g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons almond extract
- 30g flour
- 3 eggs
- A jar of jam (flavor of your choice, I used strawberry)
- Make the pastry following the recipe. Then let stand in the fridge time to prepare the rest.
- Mix the butter and sugars together until the mixture smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one, mix between each.
- While continuing to mix, add the flour and ground almonds and finally almond extract.
With this recipe, I made 12 mini pies. You can also make a larger one.
- Place dough in molds and then put in the freezer 15 minutes.
- After 15 min, line the bottom of the dough with jam and then cover the mix.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and bake for 20/25 mins (less if the pies are in mini format, 10/15 min)