These little beauties are croquettes of mashed potato with an heart of ham and mozzarella. Accompanied by a salad, it's great.
Ingredients for 12 croquettes:
- 600g of potatoes
- 4 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- 40g butter
- 1/2 mozzarella
- 1 slice of ham
- 2 eggs
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in boiling water.
- When cooked, make a puree and add the egg yolks, butter, salt and pepper..
- Make it "dry" for 5 min in the microwave. The mash potatoe should be malleable, it will stay sticky but less. Then let cool.
Each microwave have is own power so you have to manage the drying time.
- By the time your puree cools, cut the mozzarella into 12 cubes. Cut ham slice into 2 horizontally and cut 6 strips vertically which should give you 12 strips of ham.
- Put a cube of mozzarella at the end of a strip of ham and roll. Do the same with each strip for 12 "rolls".
- Place in a bowl the flour. In another, bread crumbs and a final 2 eggs you have beaten.
- Once the mash cool, take a little bit of mash in your hand, put a roll in the middle and cover it with mash. Then roll in flour, then in egg, then breadcrumbs. Do 12 croquettes like that.
- Heat oil to 180 degrees in a deep fryer or in a big pan if you don't have any fryer. If you do not have a thermometer to check if your oil is too hot, put some breadcrumbs in your oil and see if it burns or not. (Do not like me who have not checked and have lost three nuggets that have burned in 30 seconds).
- When they looks "golden", take out and put on a serviette to absorbe excess oil.
The croquettes are quite big, 2 croquettes per person will be more than enough. Serve with a salad.